Thursday, April 07, 2011

On Orange Marmalade. A Fluff Post.



I'm wedded to orange marmalade. I don't love it but I have it almost every morning (on rye or wholewheat bread, with cheese), and because I wake up slowly (cold temperature of us snakish types), my ability to steer the marmalade loaded bread is often faulty. Did you know that orange marmalade in the hair stays sticky all day? And that marmalade on the mouse makes using it...stickier? And that any you drop and forget about gets fused into the floor for good?

Why eat it at all, you might ask. It's a bit like the Democratic Party. The alternatives are worse. I'm mildly allergic to peanut butter and I don't care for butter and the alternative "nothing" leaves the sandwich too dry.

But mostly it's habit. We all do lots of stuff because of that.