Thursday, August 30, 2012

More About the Republican War on Women


This is a neat timeline (to June 2012) of the Republican political initiatives having to do with women.  Remember that Chris Christie argues that his party shouldn't have to cater to women?

Well, they do not.  Based on the last few years the Republican Party uses enormous amounts of time and effort on attempts to control women.  I see no reason why they would change that strategy in the future,  both because all that is meat thrown to the Christianist base and because limiting women's reproductive rights or their ability to seek legal redress to discrimination are no-money-cost initiatives.  The latter also leaves more money in the corporate wallets.

And yes, I promise to write about something else as soon as I'm able!  It's getting to a point where I bore myself.